SELL TO US
Acquiring books from the public is the lifeblood of our business, so first & foremost, thank you for your interest!
If this is your first time selling to us, please be sure to read through the information in each tab in the section below. Familiarity with our buying policy will help the process be as quick and efficient as possible.
OUR BUYING POLICY
- We require a current California ID for cash transactions
- We do not offer appraisals
- The seller is responsible for picking up any books we do not purchase
- Trade: You get the most bang for your buck with trade, which can be applied to used books, merch, gift certificates, and/or admission to events. Please note that we cannot apply credit on consigned items or new books.
- Cash: We pay cash for non-collectible books (under $250 in current retail value). When determining the cash value, we offer a percentage of the retail value.
- Consign: For collectibles over $250 in initial retail value, we contract with you to sell on your behalf. Please get in touch with us to learn more.
We do not currently purchase any of the following:
- Items coming from a home with a smoker
- Books with loose or broken bindings
- Books with mold, writing, highlighting, torn pages, dirt, or noticeable exposure to pets
These change slightly from time to time, but generally we're always looking for books featuring the following subjects and/or artists:
- POC artists
- LGBTQIA+ creators & artists
- Film and music
- Antiquarian books (100+ years old)
READY TO REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT?
Use the form below to request your appointment. Please note that we currently offer appointments on Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday between 12-4pm. If you need an appointment on a different day/time, please call or email the shop.